Tuesday, January 15, 2008

SoulCalibur IV Bonus Characters

The entire internet has been lining up in single file to tell you this, so if you haven’t heard it by now you’re either a very poor listener or you’re frighteningly skilled with a high calibre rifle. Either way, you need to know that the SoulCalibur franchise has returned to those golden days where each platform got its own unique character. When SoulCalibur IV rolls around, we’re apparently to be treated to Darth Vader on the PS3 and Yoda on the Xbox 360.

Man, sticking the Soulblade through that little green goblin is going to be the sweetest moment in gaming history. I’m going to have to take pictures, and maybe commission some sort of gilt-edged commemorative plate. It’s really the little things like this that allow me to continue my slavish devotion to an ageing franchise in the face of insultingly mediocre spin-offs like SoulCalibur Legends. Take notes, Koei.

4 comments:

Phrancq said...

Hey! What do you know! I actually beat you to some gaming news!
Check out my blog for my articulate commentary on this topic.

Unknown said...

Yes... articulate...

Also, thankyou for your 'read' stamp. I am posting on my blog more regularly now so go back and read more, I say!

Grant said...

I'd hardly call it "a return to the good old days" when they've done it once before on Soul Calibur II!! That said, I'll take Yoda over Spawn any day.

Greg Tannahill said...

SoulCalibur 2? Those WERE the days, my friend. We thought they'd never end. We... uh, I don't know enough lyrics to that song to continue this joke.

Matt - you didn't beat me to the news. You merely happen to have.. uh.. beaten me to the news.

*sigh* I'm just not firing today.