Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Twilight Princess First Impressions

I've just made my way through to the first save point in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii, and while it's kind of great with a lot of strong points, can I just say that if I wanted to play Shadow of the Colossus I would be playing Shadow of the motherfucking Colossus?

I mean, there's only so many times an untalkative rustic protagonist can ride a horse over an ancient bleakly-lit decaying stone bridge, you know? And clearly I'm going to be doing a lot of that, because the game's been heavily pimping me its horse-wrangling techniques long before it's given me a weapon or shown me the combat controls. *Sigh.*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stick with it. It get better as you go on. Much, much better.

Anonymous said...

It does get better the farther you get. I didn't care for the beginning as much as the later parts.

Shadow of the Colossus did seem to influence some parts of the game. I didn't notice horse-wrangling as part of that.

Greg Tannahill said...

I'm still feeling like it's very derivative of Ico and Shadow - I've taken to calling the game The Legend of Yorda. But it's still awesome, and now that I've gotten to (and past) the first big perspective flip I see where it's all going, and I'm impressed.