Wednesday, May 30, 2007

On The Way: Pattern Recognition

Somehow until now I've managed to miss the news that a cinema adaptation of Pattern Recognition is on the way. Based on William Gibson's novel about mysterious film footage on the internet. To be directed by Peter Weir (Picnic at Hanging Rock, Dead Poet's Society, The Truman Show) with a screenplay by David Arata (Brokedown Palace, Children of Men) - which is already a far better creative team than I'd generally expect to be attached to something like this.

Looks promising.

3 comments:

Grant said...

According to Gibson's blog, Weir has pulled out. The film's in limbo for the time being. : (

Greg Tannahill said...

D'oh.

Anonymous said...

Wow I can't believe I hadn't heard of this project until now. I'm a big fan of Gibson and Pattern Recognition.