Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Trailers, Trailers, Trailers

- Capcom have announced Lost Planet 2. I'm not sure who, exactly, was clamouring for Lost Planet 2, as the original was pretty dire. Its biggest problems were its clunky controls, horrible scripting and terrible voice acting, so it's pretty funny that to "fix" the franchise they've given it to the Resident Evil 5 producer.

- Bioware have announced Mass Effect 2. You'll recall that the original was my Game of the Year 2007, so I'm pretty hyped about a sequel. I understand you'll be able to port your save game from the first game and continue the same character, so that's pretty awesome. I'm not sure how that squares up with this trailer, though.

- I've been quietly enjoying the rise of "disaster survival" as a new genre of game, and while none of the entries in it have so far been particularly great, I figure it's only a matter of time. Ubisoft's I Am Alive will probably not break the mold, but you never know. (This is actually an old trailer but I figure you probably missed it in the E3 buzz so it's worth digging up now.)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

fighting game out by capcom

Anonymous said...

street fighter ex
publisher capcom
series street fighter
Platforms arcade
genre fighting
street fighter ex 2
publisher capcom
series street fighter
Platforms arcade
genre fighting

Anonymous said...

final fight used to be made by capcom port to arcade super nes sega cd 68000 game boy advance
street fighter 2 turbo
developer capcom
publisher capcom
series street fighter
Platforms arcade super nes
genre fighting
Arcade system cps system

Anonymous said...

super street fighter 2 used to be made by capcom port to arcade super nes sega mega drive

Anonymous said...

street fighter 3 used to be made by capcom port to arcade dreamcast
with street fighter 3 2nd giant attack
street fighter 3 third strike fight for the future used to be made by capcom port to arcade dreamcast
street fighter iv
used to be made by capcom port to arcade PlayStation 3

Anonymous said...

x- men children of the atom used to be made by capcom port to arcade PlayStation Sega Saturn ms dos
with marvel super heroes
megaman power battle
megaman power fighters
strider 2
tech romancer
vampire savior
vampire savior 2
warriors of fates
night warrior dark stalkers revenge
armored warriors
alien vs predator
battle circuit
cadallic and dinosaurs
Saturday night slam masters
the punisher

Anonymous said...

battle arena toshinden
final fight revenge
cyberbots

Anonymous said...

battle arena toshinden 2

Anonymous said...

darkstalkers

Anonymous said...

capcom vs. snk
capcom vs. snk 2
megaman power battle
megaman power fighters
marvel super heroes
power stone
power stone 2
project justice
rival schools
plasma sword
red earth
star gladiator
warriors of fates

Anonymous said...

captain commando
giga wing
giga wing 2
19xx war against the destiny
1941 counter attack
1942
1943 battle of midway
slipstream
racing game by capcom in 1995

Anonymous said...

avengers
developer capcom
publisher capcom
platforms arcade
genre beat em up
black tiger
bionic Commando

Anonymous said...

eco fighters
dynasty wars
forgotten worlds
son son
legendary wings
speed rumbler
capcom baseball
dokaben