Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Max Payne 3


One thing you can count on: you push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

New Max Payne game? Yes. Nothing to do with the movie? Thankfully. Developed by Remedy, the people behind the first two? Not so much. They're still "hard at work" on Alan Wake, which will be completed as soon as they solve the pesky problems associated with getting hell to freeze, so this one's being done by Rockstar Vancouver, the team who did Bully. (And, for that matter, Homeworld, under their old name of Barking Dog.)

I didn't like Bully. Apparently, though, I'm in the minority on that, and in any case I'm more than ready to fork out for a new installment of Payne-themed action-noir. For those not familiar with why Max Payne is awesome, go check out this page full of quotes.

2 comments:

Phrancq said...

I couldn't stand Max Payne. The control system was god awful and the voice acting and script made me choke. It took a perfectly usable Noir idea and then drove it past satire and parody and dumped it on the corner of farce and scenery-chewing. I have never understood the appeal.

Then again, a vast amount of people think I'm a nut for this.

Greg Tannahill said...

That's not why they think you're a nut, Phrancq