Saturday, January 10, 2009

Machinarium



Machinarium is another 2009 Independent Games Festival finalist that isn't actually out yet. It's a point and click adventure, not so much in the way that LucasArts popularised them as it is similar to those that you'll find at Flash game portals.

The visuals are just excellent. Check out the trailer above, and then pop over to Amanita Design to see some high definition screenshots. If you'd like an idea of what the finished game might be like, you can also try Samorost and Samorost 2, which are two (shorter) play-in-your-browser games from the same team.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Samorost. Thanks for the reminder; I just played through it again. Though I'm not sure whether anything I did with the goats and the lizards achieved anything...

Greg Tannahill said...

Samorost's not personally to my taste, I have to say - I like either character and story, or puzzles verging on genius, and Samorost doesn't really deliver either. But its visual uniqueness is faultless. I'll be interested to see whether Machinarium has some narrative or whether it's just Samorost writ large.