Thursday, January 08, 2009

Sixty Thousand

Last night the hit counter rolled over to 60,000. That's sixty thousand unique hits since 26 July 2006. More importantly, it's 30,000 since July 2008. It's still relatively small traffic, but it's an improvement.

What doesn't show up in that number is the people reading via the LiveJournal feed and the people who read via RSS. There's 20-odd LJ people, and I have no idea how many more on RSS. If you're reading, why don't you leave a comment on this post to let me know you're out there?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im all about the RSS keep up the good work!

Morgan said...

I'm reading through the RSS feed. Very handy.

Grant said...

You appear to have 11 readers via Bloglines.

Greg Tannahill said...

How do I check that?

Plus 7 "followers" of my blog via Blogger - I don't know whether they're generating hits or not.

Anonymous said...

*wave*

Anonymous said...

Another RSS fan here.

Greg Tannahill said...

Cheers to all you RSS people!

Joe Osborn said...

I also homogenize my incoming data stream to a standard syndication format (:

Anonymous said...

You already know I'm out here in LJ-land.

Greg Tannahill said...

Yay for LJ land. Currently experiencing some "technical difficulties", I understand, relating to laying off 70% of its employees. You'll have to let me know how that works out.

Sonictail said...

from LJ here too :)

Peter Hatch said...

I use the RSS feed.

Unknown said...

Hello from Canada!

I check via RSS feed. My husband has a blog too (ready for hte shameless plug??

www.downgoesbrown.com)

I think somehow he can find out how many people have him on their RSS feed.

Great blog and have a happy new year.

Greg Tannahill said...

Thanks Marcie! Canadian readers are the second-best sort of readers! See if you can find out how the RSS tracking is done; I need to increase my competency in that area. (It may require me to be maintaining my own site, rather than piggybacking Blogger.)

Unknown said...

Sim lives on LJ!
But also reads through RSS on her PSP! - so numbers might be hinky!