Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Do-It-Yourself Ragequit

[Computer Gaming]

Annoyed at the way your favourite MMOG is clearly out to specifically and personally ruin your fun? Remember how things were magically more fun back in beta? Pushed over the edge by one irrelevant patch too many? Don't worry - The Dust Forms Words has been there! Now, with the aid of the following DIY Ragequit form, you can exit the game in spectacular style with one simple forum post!

Title: [Name of Moderator]! Why [name of game] is dying

GG, [developer], you have ruined [name of game]. Enough is enough. [Name of game] was a great game but now it is DYING. Everyone I know is leaving the game, /golfclap.

I have played this game since beta and I have twenty characters at level [max level]. But now you have ruined it. I have done everything there is to do in the game and now there is no content except [grinding/PvP/raiding]. I know all the [hardcores/casuals/noobs] will flame me but it is TRUE!

This is because of [developer]'s LIES. It is [lifespan of game] [years/months] later and where is my [auction house/casual raid content/meaningful PvP]? Broken promises! This is part of a wilful campaign of false advertising and SOMEONE WILL SUE! They will not give my money back and I got banned when I asked.

Now we have [feature of latest patch] and it is the LAST STRAW. I am cancelling my account and going to play [poor-quality upcoming MMOG]. Your game is dying and everyone knows it, kthxbai.

...
Editor's Note: You will, of course, have to insert your own obvious spelling errors and maybe a joke or two that doesn't make sense. I hope this has been helpful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is perhaps the dumbest things I have ever seen. You should have a price tag you could make a tidy some.

Greg Tannahill said...

I also have handy guides for "Do-It-Yourself Bitching About Latest Patch", "Do-It-Yourself Complaining About Your Class Being Unbalanced", and "Do-It-Yourself Flaming Someone Else's Post". In fact, if I wrote a script that filled them in for me, and added a couple that just say "First!" and "Captain Jean-Luc Picard" I could pretty much generate my own copy of the WoW forums.