Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wii Preordered

[Computer Gaming]

I pre-ordered a Nintendo Wii today at the local Electronics Boutique (who, by the way, appear to have replaced some or all of their staff of sarcastic male geeks with bouncy female geeks, an all-round positive move).

Now I'm faced with the question of exactly what games will I be getting with it at launch. Looking through the lineup that EB had on their system, I'm unenthused. Remembering that I'm not the hugest fan of 3D Legend of Zelda games, can anyone remember an exciting Wii launch title that I'm forgetting?

EDIT: Duh, Elebits, of course. Next time I'm in I'll ask bouncy geek-woman to add it to my order. Also Trauma Center: Second Opinion, but that really looks more like a second serving of the original game than an actual new meal.

EDIT #2: If EB can be trusted (and they can't), then it appears that neither Elebits or Trauma Center are going to be available in Australia at launch. This sounds like a job for the magic of ordering region-free games over the internet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*blinks*
EB Marrickville Metro has a chick too.
...though her geek-fu is pretty low, she is certainly bouncy!

Anonymous said...

Crap! They've finally woken up to the fact that geeks are powerless in the face of cute bouncy geek chicks! *cancels credit card*

Greg Tannahill said...

It's certainly a step up from the old staff, who were prone to calling their customers "little girly wuss men" and aggressively attempting to sell copies of bad DS launch games to all and sundry.