Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Non-Molyneux Syndicate

Ask and ye shall receive. Barely had I uttered my desire for a new Syndicate game free of the taint of Peter Molyneux when the news came through that the thing was in development.

And who's making it? Starbreeze, the fellows who crafted Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher's Bay and The Darkness, two of the most criminally underappreciated games of recent years.

This is Very Good News (TM). Starbreeze have a track record of stylish atmosphere, tight narrative, and amazing attention to detail (albeit a fairly short track record). These are absolutely the people we want working on a project like this.

If the world keeps fulfilling my ridiculous franchise resurrection demands, I'm clearly going to have to make my wishlist more extreme. Where's my Blizzard-developed Alex Kidd real-time strategy, damn it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blizzard-developed Alex Kidd real-time strategy!! I am so with you on that one!! ^_^