Thursday, July 27, 2006

Continuum 2006

[News] [Personal] [Conventions]

As I'm currently living the fine life of being "without a job" (by choice), but am not in any way short of precious cash, I've decided that there's absolutely no good reason whatsoever to not decide at the last minute to go to Continuum 2006, in Melbourne in about a week's time.

Continuum is running at the Victoria Hotel in Melbourne from Friday 4 August to Sunday 6 August. Last year's Continuum, featuring Neil Gaiman, got about 500 people, so this year is kind of a reaction against that - it looks like a fairly small con, with no international guests that I'm aware of. But there will be lots of Shaun Tan, and his new book The Arrival (which looks excellent).

I'm flying into Melbourne Thursday morning and flying out Monday lunch-ish. I look forward to seeing those Melbournites who I know plus anyone else of my acquaintance that's in town for the con. Huzzah!

No comments: