Monday, June 19, 2006

Carnival of Feminist SF Fandom

[News] [Literature] [Film]

I know most of the people who read this blog are here for gaming-related discussion. However, I also know that there's a reasonable contingent reading this because they know me, and a few more seeing it vicariously through the magic of my syndicated LJ feed. That second category of readers happens to include a fair number of fangirls, published authors, feminists, and other such entertaining aberrations, and seeing as many of those readers probably don't read the same gaming blogs that I do, I'd like to specifically draw their attention to a post by the fantabulous Lake Desire over at New Game Plus.

Short version: apparently there is a Feminist SF Carnival afoot. Says the description of the Carnival:
The Carnival of Feminist Science Fiction and Fantasy Fans periodically collects posts from the hazy side-reality where feminist social consciousness meets the outer limits of the imagination. This is to draw attention to lesser known bloggers, to bring individuals of like-minded (or at least, understanding) interests together, and to foster the growth of feminist fan communities.
Basically, if you have something feminist SF to say (and I know that you do!) then blog it, and submit the blog to the individuals running this carnival scam by going here. If anyone reading this does get involved, by the way, let me know, and I'll sling you some more linkage.

No comments: