Sunday, August 27, 2006

Wii Announce Date (Greg Correct Again)

[News] [Computer Gaming]

The number one question that I get asked by people, in terms of computer gaming, is "When will the Wii launch?" My answer is, "I don't know, but place your bets on early to mid November to match the PS3."

So that leads to the second most popular question, "When will we find out the launch day?" And as everyone who has asked me that question for the last fortnight will know, my unwavering answer has been, "I will place money on an announcement about a week before Tokyo Game Show - specifically, September the 14th." (If anyone wants to confirm that's my line, go nuts in the comments.)

So I take some small satisfaction in seeing Gamespot backing my play. Specifically, they're highlighting that Nintendo are holding a press event in New York on 14 September. I can't claim that I knew about that event before today, but in any case it looks like I'm going to be spot on the money.

I will now commence preparing for the "I Told You So" pose, as described on at least one earlier occasion.

3 comments:

Phrancq said...

You're bound to be right occasionally.

Phrancq said...

Good pick, though.

Greg Tannahill said...

I am the proverbial stopped clock - right twice a day, every day. I should float shares.