Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Preparing To Say "I Told You So"

[News] [Computer Gaming]

Remember back when I told you that the forthcoming Wii Super Smash Brothers Brawl would feature Solid Snake from Metal Gear? And then when I told you that it would also have other Non-tendo characters? Sure, I stole that news from other, better game news sites, but these days that's just a fancy way of saying cutting-edge journalism.

Well, you may remember I -also- predicted that among those unannounced Non-tendo characters we'd be seeing some Squeenix loving. I believe I made specific mention of Chrono from Chrono Trigger.

SOMEHOW, in all that fanboi gushing, I totally missed this piece of news: the game soundtrack is going to feature music by Nobuo Uematsu. You know, famed Final Fantasy composer? The guy whose music went on a concert tour around the world? The guy responsible for "One-Winged Angel", the piece with the choir that plays behind the Sephiroth boss fight at the end of FF VII, and, if I remember correctly, the equivalent scene in Kingdom Hearts?

Yep, I'm sure this has absolutely nothing to do with any Squeenix characters appearing in the next Smash Bros. Definitely. Nothing from Square-Enix. Super Smash Bros Brawl will definitely not feature, say, Sephiroth.

I'm even now assuming the "I Told You So" pose; it requires standing on one leg and some facial contortions, so I may look odd for the next month or two until we get confirmation. You can pass the time by quietly worshipping my god-like and incisive powers of deduction, which are not in any way based on wishful thinking and giant leaps of faith.

No comments: