Tuesday, July 15, 2008

FF XIII Coming To 360

News out of E3: Square-Enix flagship title Final Fantasy XIII is coming to the XBox 360, for simultaneous Western-market release with the PlayStation 3 version.

I'd like to point out that I TOTALLY CALLED IT. And not just in an "I own a 360 and not a PS3" kind of way, but with reason and logic. That muffled choking noise you can hear is a forum full of doubters and dissenters eating their collective hats. I hope they remember the bitter taste of headware next time they suggest that my industry analysis may be less than stunningly on-point.

Now, while you all recalibrate your internal calendars to deliver daily reminders that my prescience borders on the paranormal, I'll be quietly basking in the warming glow of my own self-satisfaction. Would anyone care to fetch me a refreshing cocktail?

3 comments:

Phrancq said...

nix, of course, are not releasing FF XIII on the 360 in Japan. Because nobody would buy it there. It's only for us gaijin.

GregT said...

I think we've yet to hear the final word on that but it would make a certain amount of sense from the perspective of everyone concerned.

Seems odd to port the game and then not release the port in a key region so I can only assume that that's the rider that let Squeenix get out of exclusivity at all.

Post Simian said...

Good call dear boy. But don't let it go to your head. ;)