Tuesday, July 15, 2008

FF XIII Coming To 360

News out of E3: Square-Enix flagship title Final Fantasy XIII is coming to the XBox 360, for simultaneous Western-market release with the PlayStation 3 version.

I'd like to point out that I TOTALLY CALLED IT. And not just in an "I own a 360 and not a PS3" kind of way, but with reason and logic. That muffled choking noise you can hear is a forum full of doubters and dissenters eating their collective hats. I hope they remember the bitter taste of headware next time they suggest that my industry analysis may be less than stunningly on-point.

Now, while you all recalibrate your internal calendars to deliver daily reminders that my prescience borders on the paranormal, I'll be quietly basking in the warming glow of my own self-satisfaction. Would anyone care to fetch me a refreshing cocktail?

3 comments:

Phrancq said...

nix, of course, are not releasing FF XIII on the 360 in Japan. Because nobody would buy it there. It's only for us gaijin.

GregT said...

I think we've yet to hear the final word on that but it would make a certain amount of sense from the perspective of everyone concerned.

Seems odd to port the game and then not release the port in a key region so I can only assume that that's the rider that let Squeenix get out of exclusivity at all.

metaVirus said...

Good call dear boy. But don't let it go to your head. ;)