Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Dead Zone

[Now Experiencing] [Computer Gaming]

We're in that lull between E3 and the Tokyo Game Show, and it's so very hard to find anything worth talking about in the world of video games. Australia still doesn't have Kingdom Hearts 2, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence or Final Fantasy XII out for purchase, and there's not a lot of imminent releases I'm particularly excited about until the Wii launches.

I'm still playing Animal Crossing: Wild World on and off; I've got 11 sudokus left to solve in Brain Training, and I've started the original GBA Advance Wars, which is quite good for a turn-based strategy but heir to many of the same frustrations that typically prevent me ever getting more than three quarters of the way through one (although I do intend to go back and play some more Disgaea some day). I'm also technically still playing GTA: Liberty City Stories, but I think I've reached that burnout that I get with GTA when I hit the last few missions and they're annoying and frustrating and you have to do a really annoying trip from your safehouse just to reach the guy who starts the level. And I suspect I've played all the Guitar Hero that I'm going to play outside of demonstrating it at parties, so I might do a post-mortem on that, maybe.

Well, that fulfils my need to make a post today. Maybe inspiration will strike later and I'll blog something with some substance. Maybe.

No comments: