Screeching howler monkeys have brought to my attention that there's been something of an unofficial Round Table going on with regard to the subject of evil in computer games. I'll refer you to the following ramblings on the subject by other bloggers:
* Introduction to Villainy at Project Perko starts off the subject with some interesting blatherings on how portrayals of evil in video games are generally as well-developed and convincing as a photo of the Loch Ness Monster.
* The Inadequacy of Evil at Man Bytes Blog replies with some scribblings about walking the dark path and believable motivation.
* Super Columbine Massacre RPG! at King Lud IC intelligently rambles that of course your depictions of evil will be shallow if you're too gutless to tackle the hard stuff.
* Evil Deeds and Ookie Thoughts at Unfettered Blather pleads for a wider variety of ways to be truly evil.
* Video Villain at Project Perko hypothesises that maybe the origins of a bad villain are a mere lack of screen time.
I intend to post something on this topic later today; stay tuned for eyeball-traumatising ranting!